[Insight-users] ImageSpatialObject interpolation and transformation problem

Matthias Mucha matthiasmucha at gmx.de
Tue May 11 14:32:20 EDT 2010

Dear List,

I want to use the itk::ImageSpatialObject to store ultrasound-images with position-data (tracking-data) and then use an interpolation-method to build a 3D-Volume. I'm not familiar with itk::ImageSpatialObject so I have some questions about the use of it. Up to now I defined an itk::ImageSpatialObject and filled it with an ITK-Image.

typedef SpatialObjectType::TransformType TransformType;
ImageSpatialObject::Pointer imageSO = ImageSpatialObject::New();

//set the 2D-ITK-Image into a spatial object
imageSO->SetImage(m_CapturedFrame);

Need I to use the SpatialObjectType::TransformType to apply the tracking-data (translation and rotation) for each ultrasound-image?

Is it possible to define a 3-dimensional itk::ImageSpatialObject, fill it with all 2D-ultrasound-ImageSpatialObjects and then use the SetInterpolator-method from itk::ImageSpatialObject to get a 3D-volume when I want to render it? Or is it better to use the vtkGaussianSplatter for this task?

Best regards!

Matthias Mucha