[Insight-users] itkOptMattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric question/problem

pinpress sb_ji at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 22:19:20 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I am trying to modify the above class to implement a new image metric for
image registration. There are two functions in the class:

GetValue()

and

GetValueAndDerivative()

When I connect the metric filter with other filters (e.g., interpolator,
optimizer, transformer filters), and run the registration, I observed that
it's always the function "GetValueAndDerivative()" is called, but not the
"GetValue()". Since I am hoping to keep my implementation as simple as
possible, I'd like to just modify the "GetValue()" function. So I wonder how
I can force to use "GetValue()" function to return the similarity metric
instead.

I suspect it's just a flag or something like that to control, but I just
wasn't able to figure out. Can someone help?