[Insight-users] Using itkScalarImageTextureCalculator - setting and accessing features

Neal R. Harvey harve at lanl.gov
Mon May 17 17:01:31 EDT 2010

I am trying to use itkScalarImageTextureCalculator and am not having
much luck.
Most of it is probably due to the fact that I am not much of a C++
programmer.

I have included the following code in my program:

    #include <itkScalarImageTextureCalculator.h>

    typedef itk::Statistics::ScalarImageTextureCalculator< ImageType >
GLCMTextureCalculatorType;

    GLCMTextureCalculatorType::Pointer GLCMTexCalc =
GLCMTextureCalculatorType::New();

    GLCMTexCalc->SetInput( itkChipImg );

    // itkChipImg is an image I have previously read in

    GLCMTexCalc->Compute();

This compiles without any errors (which I have to say I was quite
surprised at).

But, I haven't been able to fathom out how to either set the features I
am interested
in calculating (I am assuming one uses SetRequestedFeatures
<http://www.itk.org/Doxygen316/html/classitk_1_1Statistics_1_1ScalarImageTextureCalculator.html#277dfe98b302bbbda155f6468d9d05c5>(),
but precisely how, I don't know)
or how to access the features that are calculated (I am assuming that
one uses
GetRequestedFeatures
<http://www.itk.org/Doxygen316/html/classitk_1_1Statistics_1_1ScalarImageTextureCalculator.html#ac5ec7db7d8620119e1dca92f93dd81a>
(), but, again, how one accesses even the default calculated features
I don't know).

Even just getting the default features seems impossible at present.
I'd like to be able to access all the available feature vectors, ideally.

If anyone could provide any assistance, it would be very much appreciated.