[Insight-users] Distance map calculation using DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter

Hanchuan Peng pengh at janelia.hhmi.org
Tue May 18 14:06:32 EDT 2010

The speed depends on the machine you are doing the computation.

There is a fast distance transform method ( Felzenszwalb & Hutenlocher )
which we have extended & re-implemented the codes in 3D (not part of ITK
yet, - we are working on that), but if anybody needs you can download from
the following site (the plugin sample codes of
http://penglab.janelia.org/proj/v3d/V3D/Toolboxes_%26_Related_Software.html
). It can be easily run as a plugin of the V3D system  (
http://penglab.janelia.org/proj/v3d ). I just did some test on my machines
using a 512x512x384 stack:

Linux desktop (2-3 years old): 15-20 seconds
Mac laptop: (1 year old): 35-40 seconds

-hanchuan