[Insight-users] AdvancedImageToImageMetric and theitkBSplineDeformableTransform ?

M.Staring at lumc.nl M.Staring at lumc.nl
Thu May 20 11:20:12 EDT 2010

Hi Motes,

you send it to the wrong mailing list :-)

-------------

> I have made a review build of itk 3.18 and build elastix v4.3
> based on this build.  Next I have build my itk application
> which is a registration application using a
> itkBSplineDeformableTransform and the
> AdvancedImageToImageMetric with a random sampler. Previously
> this worked fine but now I get the exception:
>
> itk::ExceptionObject (0x24a8ac0)
> Location: "void itk::AdvancedImageToImageMetric<TFixedImage,
> TMovingImage>::CheckForAdvancedTransform() [with TFixedImage =
> itk::Image<float, 2u>, TMovingImage = itk::Image<float, 2u>]"
> File:
> ....elastix_sources_v4.3/src/Common/CostFunctions/itkAdvancedI
> mageToImageMetric.hxx
> Line: 399
> AdvancedMeanSquaresImageToImageMetric(0x24aafc0): The
> AdvancedImageToImageMetric requires an AdvancedTransform
>
> Is it not possible to use the itkBSplineDeformableTransform
> with the updates made in elastix 4.3?

Nope. You should now use the itk::AdvancedBSplineDeformableTransform. It
gives the same results, but is a bit faster, and has extra functionality
that we now force to use. We removed the use of normal transforms, which
cleaned up the code a lot. This change was made in elastix 4.2 already.

With kind regards,

Marius