[Insight-users] intmax_t typedef issue with ITKSNAP (same issue as with SOViewer)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue May 25 11:36:51 EDT 2010

Hi Juan,

The fix to this problem was identified
several weeks ago.

The problem is not with ITK code itself.

The real offenders are a set of statements:

               using namespace itk;

that are scattered across ITK SNAP code.

These statements defeat the purpose of having
namespaces, and must therefore be removed.

We have fixed the version in Insight Applications
http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/SNAP/?root=InsightApplications

See for example:
http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/SNAP/Common/?root=InsightApplications&sortby=date#dirlist

and more specifically:
http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/SNAP/Common/SystemInterface.cxx?root=InsightApplications&r1=1.9&r2=1.12&sortby=date
http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/SNAP/Common/Registry.cxx?root=InsightApplications&r1=1.13&r2=1.14&sortby=date
(...among others...)

You may want to use that code updated
in InsightApplications

or

you could remove the offending lines in the
version of SNAP that you are using.