[Insight-users] DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2_Problem to read dcmSeries

Daniela Sacchetto danysunflower at hotmail.it
Tue May 25 11:47:33 EDT 2010

Mathieu, a question for you: how can I know if Matlab png format is lossless or lossy?
 I don't have any information to help me and I found on wikipedia this definition:

"
Portable Network Graphics (PNG) is a bitmapped image format that employs lossless data compression.

[...]

PNG uses a 2-stage compression process:

pre-compression: filtering (prediction)compression: DEFLATE
PNG uses a non-patented lossless data compression method known as DEFLATE, which is the same algorithm used in the zlib compression library.

"

But I don't find anything about PNG lossy compression....
Really, it is a simple curiosity because I could save my image in PGM or PPM how to told me...but, since I'm not expert in this field, I would know something about it.

Thanks for your time,
Regards
Daniela