[Insight-users] Performance regression in ITK + gdcm 2.0 reading DICOM JPEG files

Roger Bramon Feixas rogerbramon at gmail.com
Thu May 27 18:00:28 EDT 2010

Hi,

Have you had time to think about the causes of the performance regression
problem? I can work on it, but I would like to have, if you have it, some
information which helps me to know where I need to focus the effort.

Thanks,

Roger

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Roger Bramon Feixas
<rogerbramon at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Mathieu,
>
> Perhaps, the answer of question 3 wasn't so clear:
>
> ITK versions:
>   - CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:RelWithDebInfo
>   - BUILD_SHARED_LIBS: OFF
>
> GDCM: Release from  http://gdcm.sourceforge.net
>
> Test program: Release.
>
> Compiling the test program in Debug mode, it takes more time but we also
> have large differences between GDCM 1.2.x and GDCM 2.0.
>

> Roger
>
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 11:50 PM, Roger Bramon Feixas <
> rogerbramon at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mathieu,
>>
>> Thanks for your attention. I answer your questions:
>>
>> 1. What is your platform ?
>> I used a Windows XP 32bits to do the test. However, this behaviour also
>> occurs in Mac OS X platform.
>>
>> 2. What is your compiler ?
>> All ITK versions were compiled with Visual Studio 2008 and we downloaded
>> GDCM 2.0.14 binary from http://gdcm.sourceforge.net
>>
>> 3. What are your compiler option (eg. I hope you do not run bench
>> without CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:Release) ?
>> RelWithDebInfo
>>
>> 4. Where is the dataset used ?
>> Dataset 5 is from OSIRIX: http://pubimage.hcuge.ch:8080/DATA/CALIX.zip-> CALIX/CT1
>> abdomen/D30MN BILISCOPIN
>> We are really interested to improve the time needed to load jpeg lossless
>> datasets. The jpeg lossless datasets used are non-anonymized datasets, I
>> will try to anonymize them if you want them.
>>
>> 5. Where is the source code used ?
>> I attach it in this mail.
>>

>> Thanks!
>>
>> Roger
>>
>> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 10:44 PM, Mathieu Malaterre <
>> mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Roger,
>>>
>>>  This is a very interesting post !

>>> decided
>>> files,
>>> uses
>>>
>>>                        GDCM             Reading
>>> UpdateOutput-        UpdateLargest-
>>> Data       ITK version version          directory         Information
>>>        PossibleRegion
>>>

>>>       5           2,8            1,2           642
>>>  6                  20153
>>>                  3,16            1,2           547
>>>  0                  25121
>>>                  3,18            1,2           547
>>>  0                  25124
>>>                  3,18              2         25297
>>> 187                  71437
>>>

>>> Data     Transfer syntax                Modality          Files
>>>        Size (MB)
>>>
>>>       5 JPEG 2000                      CT
>>> 243                     23
>>>

>>>  Could you please post a little bit more on :
>>> 1. What is your platform ?
>>> 2. What is your compiler ?