[Insight-users] Registration works on Debug, on Release doesn't

Sergio Vera sergio.vera at alma3d.com
Fri May 28 03:34:43 EDT 2010

Hello

May I suggest to enable all warnings when you compile the code?

Often this problems are related to variables that are by default initialized
to some meaning value in debug builds, but that keep uninitialized (so they
have garbage values) in Release builds.

Enabling all warings may let you see this kind of errors more easily

Hope it helps
Sergio

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 6:53 PM, Oscar Esteban Sanz-Dranguet <
oesteban at die.upm.es> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Based on Examples\Registration\ImageRegistrationHistogramPlotter.cxx, I'm
> trying to perform a registration between a T1 MRI slice and a 13,8 degrees
> rotated PET slice.
>
> I've configured every block, and I get a great result in Debug mode.
>
> When I try to use the same code, under the same conditions except build
> type (now, in Release mode), the registration doesn't work.
>
> On debug mode, the optimizer (RegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer) starts
> with a rotation of 0.175 rad. Next step, it tries with 0.350 rad and next
> step returns to ~0.19 rad. After 50 iterations, rotation is about 0,24 and
> result is great.
>
> On Release mode, it starts with a rotation of -0.175 rad, and every step it
> sums up another -0.175 rad. It stops when the maximum iterations number is
> reached.
>
> I can't find why this is happening, because all parameters are the same for
> the two experiments.
>
> Thank you very much in advanced,
>
> --
> Oscar Esteban