[Insight-users] SetNumberOfSpatialSamples has no effect on computation time???

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri May 28 10:41:08 EDT 2010

Hi Pinpress,

Thanks for the additional information.

It escaped to me that in your first email you mentioned
that you were using Normalized MI.

That fact indeed explains the behavior that you are observing   :-)

Normalized MI doesn't use the subsampling functionality
that is provided in the base ImageToImageMetric class.

The only metrics that use sub-sampling are:

* itk::MutualInformationImageToImageMetric
* itk::MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric
* itk::MeanSquaresImageToImageMetric

I apologize for missing that important piece
of information from your initial email.