[Insight-users] When to write a filter?

Dawood Masslawi masslawi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 10:16:00 EDT 2010

Dear Sara,
There are number of region growing methods in ITK, maybe one of them
could provide you the control you need over your application. However,
if you want to modify a filter (Specially region growing filters) it is
recommended to learn how to work with region iterators in ITK. you can
read the ITK software guide to learn more about region iterators. My
advice is to concentrate on neighborhood iterators.
Best regards,
Dawood Masslawi