[Insight-users] registration multithreading capability

Severino Fernandez fdezas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 08:51:12 EST 2010

I have used ITK for a short time several years ago, but I am now
interested in the refactored ITK for taking adavantage of
multithreading in multicore machines.
As I am not up-to-date and forgot almost everythin I learned at that
time, I would like just to know if I just have to download the present
version of ITK and compile it (I have a laptop with Windows XP). I
would like to know if I have to set any particulr option of the
compiler and linker in order to run the compiled code in a multicore
machine to observe the performance of the multithreading capabilities.
I have also used in a more recent time Orfeo Toolbox (OTB) from CNES.
Do anybody perhaps know if the multithreading capabilities of ITK can
be used directly from OTB?
Regards