[Insight-users] tool used to generate software guide?

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Tue Nov 9 07:40:36 EST 2010

Juan:

You may find these in InsightDocuments/

  cvs -d:anonymous at www.itk.org:/cvsroot/Insight co InsightDocuments

Its a bunch of cmake driven
- perl scripts to parse the source code and extract the relevant comments
- perl script to run the relevant binaries of each source code with
the command line tags present in the top of the source file to
generate the output images. These generated output images are then
included from ITK's binary tree directly into appropriate
\includegraphics tags software guide. This way if the algorithms
change, the images in the guide change as well :) . The perl script
also generates cmake dependencies to ensure that the right examples
run before others, for instance if one example generates an image
that's an input to another
- Finally cmake drives latex, dvips, ps2pdf to generate the output document.

--
karthik