[Insight-users] NCC in itk

somi seesomi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 10:49:21 EST 2010

Hi,
I am trying to use itk::NormalizedCorrelationImageFilter , with template as
another image.

To set up another image as as templete, I use   itk::ImageKernelOperator

  itk::ImageKernelOperator<float, Dimension> kernelOperator;
    kernelOperator.SetImageKernel(readerTemplate->GetOutput());
    kernelOperator.CreateToRadius(radius);

typedef itk::NormalizedCorrelationImageFilter<InputImageType,
InputImageType, InputImageType> NCCFilterType;

    NCCFilterType::Pointer filter = NCCFilterType::New();

    filter->SetInput(reader->GetOutput());
    filter->SetTemplate(kernelOperator);

However, ther output of NCC is all infinity. I found all the coefficients
of   itk::ImageKernelOperator were zero.
Is there any step I am missing ? My test code and inputs are attached.
Usage:
NCC main.png templete.png out.nii

Thanks,
Somi