[Insight-users] Look for good examples (ITK+VTK+GUI)

Andriy Fedorov fedorov at bwh.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 11 18:24:28 EST 2010

Hi Erkang,

Indeed, all of the functionality you are looking for is available in 3D Slicer.

3D Slicer is a free open source platform you can modify and use in any
way to suit your needs. While the documentation on how to add a simple
functionality that does not require user interaction is relatively
well documented, I agree with you, an implementation you have in mind
would require some effort to be realized in 3D Slicer, even though all
the building blocks are there.

I cc slicer developer list, as this is the best place to further
discuss this issue. As you describe your project in more detail, you
may be able to get specific advice how to proceed.

AF