[Insight-users] error saving gipl

niccolo camarlinghi niccolo.camarlinghi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 06:58:11 EST 2010

Dear all,

I'm trying to save an itkImage  in gipl format: the image is 3d
and, contains 100k labeled objects and the pixel type is int.
After calling the update()  method in the writer,  i got this exception

"Pixel Type Unknown"

I red  the page http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_File_Formats
and from what I understood, the  "int" pixel type should be supported.. so I
cannot understand the reason of this exception.
Moreover this kind of exception happens also if I use the unsigned int,
while the image is saved correctly for float,short int, unsigned char pixel
type...

I was wondering, if i'm doing something wrong or if the pixel type int is
not supported for saving in gipl.

Best Regards and thank you

Niccolo'