[Insight-users] Constructing a 3D volume from 2D cross section

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 14:22:44 EST 2010

Each slice in a DICOM image can have arbitrary position and
orientation. I am not sure how overlaps are handled by specification
or implementations, but I remember I had a scan of my spine and there
were 5 image series. First one was "orientation" series, with very low
resolution and just a few scanned slices of different orientations
(with overlaps). When I converted it to .mha image, the result was
something sensible. I did not analyze it further, but conversion
worked.

Dženan