[Insight-users] registration using rotation + translation

Kevin Neff kevin.l.neff at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 13:23:13 EST 2010

Thanks, Dan.  I used the example ImageRegistration8.cxx with my data.

First, it's terribly slow.  Is there anything I can do to speed it up?  In
my limited experience, applying a threshold first and skipping rotation of
voxels below the threshold helped.  Or could I pre-compute isotropic voxels
and skip the interpolation that follows image rotation and just interpolate
the final solution?  Any suggestion is welcome!

Second, after 200 iterations,  the output does not appear correct.  I ran it
with data that had the dimensions 13888x560x48 and 1388x560x53 but the
output had the dimensions 13888x560x48.  The volumes were of the shell of a
large object, rotated 90 deg, so I'm sure the dimension of the output should
have been much larger---something like 1388x1000x100.

KLN