[Insight-users] SpatialObjectToImageFilter slow?!

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 03:05:10 EDT 2010

Hi Patrik,

Yes, SpatialObjectToImageFilter is known to be slow. Here is some advice:

(1) Make sure you have compiled your code in "Release" mode (with
optimizations turned on)
(2) If the spatial objects are sparse (i.e. their total area/volume is
less than ~50% of the total area/volume), consider using this filter:
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/117

HTH

Cheers, Dan