[Insight-users] Getting contour from EllipseSpatialObject

Patrik Brynolfsson patrik.brynolfsson at radfys.umu.se
Sat Oct 9 07:38:26 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have a spatial object group of ellipses and I would like to get the
contours of the ellipses to visualize them together with an image. I was
thinking this would be faster than using the SpatialObjectToImageFilter.
However, the only way I found to do this was to first generate a binary
image and then get the contours from that, which defeats the point.

So, is there a way to generate an image of the contours of my spatial
objects without first generating an image of my spatial objects?

Seeing that this could be used when delineating ROIs in an image viewer I
assumed this would be implemented somehow, but I cannot find anything that
can help me at the moment. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
---
Patrik Brynolfsson