[Insight-users] label connex components, hull convex, binary image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Oct 17 06:17:06 EDT 2010

Hi Elhadj,

1) You can compute connected components with
    the filter:

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ConnectedComponentImageFilter.html

    this filter will produce an output where the
    elements are labeled with integer numbers.
    (but those numbers are not contiguous)

2) You could relabel the output of (1) by using
     the filter:

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1RelabelComponentImageFilter.html

3) I'm not aware of a convex hull computation
    in ITK. However, if you don't need the convex
    hull to be exact, you could get a similar result
    by using the filter:

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1VotingBinaryIterativeHoleFillingImageFilter.html