[Insight-users] image mosaicing in ITK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Oct 17 07:46:13 EDT 2010

Hi Conrad,

There are no specific ITK filters for building mosaics
out of a set of images.

However, the essential components for doing this
are available in the toolkit as part of the image
registration framework.

* performing translation registration between the
  overlapping borders of contiguous images.

As we focus on improving our support for microscopy
images, this will become a higher priority.

Here are some of the plans for ITKv4:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Microscopy