[Insight-users] Using ConnectedComponentImageFilter and Relabeler

Caitlin Schneider caitlin.m.schneider at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 20:46:11 EDT 2010

Hello,
I would like use the ConnectedComponentImageFilter to segment a binary image
(output from the thresholding filter).  I am confused as to how to use the
labels that it produces.  In the Relabel filter, there are functions to get
each object's size, in both pixels and physical size, but how else can you
manipulated them?  What other attributes does the label allow you to see?  I
would like to know for example where each one is in the image, in order
possibly delete the smaller one, if they are too close together. Which leads
me to ask, how can I delete one of the labeled objects?

thank you for your help,
Caitlin