[Insight-users] [Insight-developers] csv file reader

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Wed Oct 20 03:24:38 EDT 2010

Hey Brian,

This would be a valuable addition. CSV is not completely
straightforward though. You'll have to take care of character
encoding, field  and line separators, decimal separators (change your
locale for testing it), escaping some characters such as quotes, etc.:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values#Specification

Making a decent CSV writer is fairly easy but making a generic CSV
reader might be more problematic if you want to try and automatically
detect the parameters (not sure if it's even possible).

Tom