[Insight-users] Using ConnectedComponentImageFilter and Relabeler

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 08:04:50 EDT 2010

2010/10/21 Gaëtan Lehmann <gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr>

> Le 19 oct. 10 à 02:46, Caitlin Schneider a écrit :
>

>  Hello,
>> I would like use the ConnectedComponentImageFilter to segment a binary
>> image (output from the thresholding filter).  I am confused as to how to use
>> the labels that it produces.  In the Relabel filter, there are functions to
>> get each object's size, in both pixels and physical size, but how else can
>> you manipulated them?  What other attributes does the label allow you to
>> see?  I would like to know for example where each one is in the image, in
>> order possibly delete the smaller one, if they are too close together. Which
>> leads me to ask, how can I delete one of the labeled objects?

Caitlin,

I have put an example of basic labeling here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Images/ConnectedComponentImageFilter

<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Images/ConnectedComponentImageFilter>Once
you check out Gaetan's work, if you could add an example of how to do things
such as get the area of each component as well as delete components that
would be great!

David