[Insight-users] [Insight-registration] Registration of one sub-brain to full-brain

brian avants stnava at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 14:49:05 EDT 2010

Hi Torsten

We've leaned towards the ability to provide explicit mask(s) to the
registration and metrics that allow you to focus the registration on
regions of interest.  It's an easy extension with potentially low
overhead to computation time, even in the dense case ... we should be
able to set up the image iterators to run only through the ROI and/or
overlap of ROIs, the latter meaning the overlap of the two masks you
passed in after transformation to a common space ... the latter part
is a little more interesting to think about in that the overlap of
ROIs will change at every iteration.   I think the optimized image
registration metrics in v4 allow something like this already.

ß®∫∆π