[Insight-users] NeighborhoodOperatorImageFilter

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 13:22:20 EDT 2010

If I've understood the documentation correctly,
NeighborhoodOperatorImageFilter is like UnaryFunctorImageFilter,
except that the function which is applied to each pixel can use the
neighbors of the pixel in its computation.

It looks like I should write a subclass of itkNeighborhoodOperator and
then give it to the filter with SetOperator. Then, from looking at the
DerivativeOperator, it looks like the GenerateCoefficients functions
does the actual work. I tried to simply put an output statement in
this function to ensure everything is connected as expected:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Broken/Images/NeighborhoodOperatorImageFilter

but nothing is output. Can anyone tell where I have gone wrong?

Thanks,

David