[Insight-users] Approximate segmentation of very high intensity region.

wanlin wanlinzhu at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 19:18:21 EDT 2010

HI, xi
    May be you could try a similar way like this
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=1352428&tag=1

1. you always define 2 classes. the background and foreground (only for
nonzero pixels)
2. compute mean value for each class.
3. perform k Means classification.
4. remove background (set to 0). test whether foreground satisfied your
condition(like variance < threshold)
5. if 4 not satisfied, go to 2,3,4.

regards

wanlin