[Insight-users] Vector field issue

Stephen Yip stephen.fyip1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 23:05:07 EDT 2010

Hi,

This might be a vaguely defined question. Here is my situation.

I used the example 8 of deformable registration (3D bspline) to register A
and B images. I subsequently obtained a vector field and an output image.
The output looked exactly like the reference image which is excellent.

I displayed the field on Matlab. It looked fine. I therefore apply the
vector field to deform my image in Matlab.

However, the moving image couldn't deform back to the reference using the
same vector field. During the process of opening the data in Matlab, either
the orientation and values of vector field must have changed. I wonder if
anybody knows how this change might occur.

Thanks,
Stephen