[Insight-users] What is the file extention of vector images

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Oct 31 10:22:41 EDT 2010

Hi H.B.

As Stephen pointed out,  the extension .mhd is a good option.

You will be able to read those deformation fields in

* VTK with the vtkMetaImageReader
* Slicer
* ParaView
* VV (Creatis)

You could also use the extension .vtk but .mhd has the advantage
of storing the direction cosines of the image (the .vtk format does not).