[Insight-users] ITK + VTK + 3D TIFFs

Gib Bogle g.bogle at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Apr 24 21:28:06 EDT 2011

I'm not sure if this should be here or on the VTK message list, so I'm posting
it to both lists.

I'm processing 3D TIFFs with ITK, but I want to use the island removal
capability of VTK, to filter each 2D image in the 3D stack (as far as I can see
VTK doesn't know about 3D TIFFs).  I presume I need to open the 3D image in ITK,
select a 2D slice, convert it to VTK 2D image format, apply the island removal
filter, convert it back to ITK image format, and write it back into the 3D
image.  It would be very nice if someone has done something similar to this and
could show me how to do it.

Thanks
Gib