[Insight-users] ITK + VTK + 3D TIFFs

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 03:49:44 EDT 2011

Hi,
ConnectedComponentImageFilter is only the labelling step. Each
component comes out with a different ID, which you can then use to
index other measurements.

A filter that does the series of steps needed is
itkBinaryShapeOpeningImageFilter (available in the review section).

You need to confirm that the connectivity setting matches your
expectation - do you want diagonal connections to count, or not. This
is the FullyConnected option.