[Insight-users] changes of compilation interface in ITK-4.0 (breaks my code)

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 10:16:06 EDT 2011

Dear All,
            I was using ITK-4 from git from quite some time now. Mi
version was a month old or so, so yesterday I pulled a new version
(git pull on the source directory).
It built and installed correctly. However, to my suprise, the
installation directory was changed (from
PREFIX/include/InsightToolkit-4.0 to PREFIX/include/ITK-4.0 and so
on), and now my CMakeLists where unable to find ITK. I had to manually
set the directory PREFIX/lib/cmake in my CMakeLists.txt. By the way,
PREFIX is /usr/local, and I'm on an ubuntu 10.10 box, with 64 bits
kernel.
After being able to locate ITK, my compiled correctly but not linked
because all the libraries where renamed to libITKxxxx-4.0.a. Is this
the intented behaviour? Does this mean that I will need to change my
CMakeLists.txt every time an ITK version comes out? I'm thinking about
4.0 4.1 4.2 etc.
Can someone comment shortly on this?
If so I guess I will have to update all my CMakeLists.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
                     Juan