[Insight-users] filter with multiple inputs

Julien Lamy lamy at unistra.fr
Tue Aug 2 01:45:03 EDT 2011

Hi,

Le 02/08/11 06:57, iamrndm b a écrit :
> I am trying to develop a fillter which accepts 2 images as inputs and
> produces a  third image.
> i am trying to find an example which does that .
>
> i have a couple of question
> the example
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Developer/ImageFilterMultipleInputs
> is not clear to me , it appears to take just one image as input.

It actually uses two inputs : one for InputImage, and one for InputMask
(numbers 0 and 1 respectively). Have a look at BinaryFunctorImageFilter
for something a bit more explicit.

> Secondly if we are deriving from the class ImageToImage filter. it only
> accepts one image and produces the output , how does the multiple image
> input then fit in .

I think ImageToImageFilter is a bit of a misnomer : when calling
SetNumberOfRequiredInputs as in both examples, it can have multiple inputs.

--
Julien