[Insight-users] error C2872: 'uint16_t' : ambiguous symbol

Zein Salah zeinsalah at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 08:56:40 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am sorry to raise this issue once again, but in trying to figure out
the problem, I noticed something that might help :).

Well, as I said, I don't use any "using namespace" in my programs
which generated the error.
In my code, I included "itkGDCMSeriesFileNames.h", which includes
"gdcmSerieHelper.h".
So, I replaced all occurances of "uint16_t" with "itk::uint16_t"in the
"gdcmSerieHelper.h" file.
My programs do not generate the error any more. BUT I tried to
re-combile ITK with
the newly updated gdcmSeriesHelper.h. Now the project "itkgdcm" failed
to compile and
generates an error that 'itk' : is not a class or namespace name at
every line, where
I previously added itk::

Any Hints!

Cheers,