[Insight-users] ITK4 dll's and lib's - ITKCommon-4.0.dll is missing from your computer

Hugues Fontenelle hugues.fontenelle at rr-research.no
Mon Aug 8 07:52:52 EDT 2011

Hello

I've got a basic one, probably an effect of the sunny days of summer..

I'm trying to build the watershed examples in

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Segmentation/WatershedImageFilter

and

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/WishList/Segmentation/MorphologicalWate
rshedImageFilter

Since they use ITK 4, I just checked-out the latest ITK on the git, and
built it using:

BUILD_SHARED_LIBS ON

BUILD_STATIC_EXECS ON

The libraries build correctly.

My PATH contains C:\Users\Hugues\Documents\DEV\BUILD\ITK\ITK-git\lib\Debug

When I run WatershedImageFilter.exe it says

"The program can't start because ITKCommon-4.0.dll is missing from your
computer."

Indeed my C:\Users\Hugues\Documents\DEV\BUILD\ITK\ITK-git\lib\Debug contains
only the static libs, among which ITKCommon-4.0.lib

No dynamic library has been built.

(1) How to I force the dynamic DLL's to be created in the ITK build process?

I had already set the BUILD_SHARED_LIBS ON in Cmake, but the DLL's were not
built.

My Code Generation option is set to Multi-threaded Debug DLL (/MDd) in both
ITK build and Example build.

(2) Alternatively, how do I force my example to use static LIB libraries
only?

Thanks for the help!

Hugues

PS: why is the second example in wish list? Is it not working yet?