[Insight-users] Cocoa app with ITK, VTK to read DICOM file

Max Putrik pmb-88 at mail.ru
Thu Aug 11 04:35:46 EDT 2011

I tried to use SimpleCocoaVTK but there is no file .cxx in the folder
SimpleCocoaVTK and this project does not work - 1 error appears
"_fopen$UNIX2003", referenced from: [a lot of files ] ld: symbol(s) not
found... I changed SDK from 10.4 to 10.6 and nothing helps, so I don't know
for what reason, maybe there is a conflict between VTK, ITK, Xcode and Mac
OS.. I have an experience of using MATLAB - it is very simple to read, write
and show DICOM images: dicomread('/Users/.../5.dcm'); just one line and you
have a matrix of this image.

Also I tried to use python in Xcode, I found xcodeproject, which can read
and show DICOM image, but if I want to add a very simple textfields to
evaluate average of digits like this developer.apple.com/cocoa/pyobjc.html
Example from apple.com does not work in this app... And I wonder how it was
simple to work with .dcm in Matlab in comparison with Xcode. But Matlab has
a bad 3D visualization for .dcm and not so rich tools to build a nice GUI,
that's why I decide to try Xcode