[Insight-users] helloworld.exe not running

Aparna Srinivasan coffeeadicto at yahoo.co.in
Sun Aug 14 06:05:42 EDT 2011

Hello

I spent the better part of today morning and the afternoon trying to get itk running on my windows xp 32 bit OS. I use visual C++ 2008 for compiling.

to test the helloworld program, i copied the cmake...txt file and the helloworld.cxx file into a folder and used cmake to specify the source and binary directories and configured and generated it.

no problem with that.
i run the solution file in both the debug and release modes in visual studio.. no errors..build succeeded..0 failed..however when i execute the .exe files located in the debug and release folders.. i dont get the required output..

 all i get is a blank screen that immediately shuts off on it own.. no 'hello world.. press any key to continue' .. can somebody please tell me what might have gone wrong.. im very frustrated. :(