[Insight-users] Quick Q: Boundary Behavior of NeighborhoodIterator in ThreadedGenerateData?

Thu Aug 18 16:00:21 EDT 2011

I'm working on multi-threading a filter, and have a question about what
happens with NeighborhoodIterators.

When you're inside ThreadedGenerateData, you're operationg on the pixels
in the outputRegionForThread.

If I set up a neighborhood iterator on the input to the filter thusly:

  ConstNeighborhoodIterator<InputImageType> it(
m_NeighborhoodRadius,inputImage,outputRegionForThread );

Does the Neighborhood Iterator see a boundary at the edge of the entire
input image, or at the edge of the thread's region?