[Insight-users] Computes the gradient of an image by convolution with the first derivative of a Gaussian.

nicrey nicolasreyv at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 17:12:05 EDT 2011

Hi ITK Users,

I want to calculate the gradient of an image. I have used the
"itkGradientRecursiveGaussianImageFilter.h" function. Which is said to
"Compute the gradient of an image by convolution with the first derivative
of a Gaussian" is there any place where I can find the exact formula that
ITK uses to create the "first derivative of the Gaussian" ? without having
to go an look at the code of ITK ?

Thanks,

Nicolas Rey-Villamizar