[Insight-users] problems with installation

gary smith hsmith1960 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 18:32:47 EDT 2011

Peymon:  I thought John Drescher's suggestion (see below) might be the first
to try because of the suspicious *CMake Error: : System Error: Permission
denied* message at the very bottom of the error list.  Thank you for the
youtube reference: I'm getting old and couldn't read the files names,
unfortunately.  I'll ask for help from my nephew.

John: Thank you so much for your advice to extract the code to a
non-protected folder.  I put it in the C:\ directory and at least the
configuration proceeded.  Here are two error messages, however:

Could NOT find Tclsh (missing: TCL_TCLSH)

CMake Warning at
C:/cmake-2.8.5-win32-x86/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/InstallRequiredSystemLibraries.cmake:322
(MESSAGE):

system runtime library file does not exist:

'MSVC10_REDIST_DIR-NOTFOUND/x86/Microsoft.VC100.CRT/msvcp100.dll'

Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMakeLists.txt:410 (INCLUDE)

 CMake Warning at
C:/cmake-2.8.5-win32-x86/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/InstallRequiredSystemLibraries.cmake:322
(MESSAGE):

system runtime library file does not exist:

'MSVC10_REDIST_DIR-NOTFOUND/x86/Microsoft.VC100.CRT/msvcr100.dll'

Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMakeLists.txt:410 (INCLUDE)

 Configuring done

I'm looking for a solution, which hopefully will be a simple one.  Here are
a few links that I'm looking at.

http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2010-March/035856.html (looks
like I'll follow these steps)

http://www.eecs.tufts.edu/~alauri02/install.htm (another opinion)