[Insight-users] how do i deal with 32 and 64 bit builds

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 18:39:49 EST 2011

> i need to build a dll both with 32bit and 64bit.
>
> It seems i have to build two different ITK's, or...?!
> I mean how should i change the cmakefile so
> that my 32bit build dll project finds the correct ITK, which was built
> 32bit?
> and 64 the same.

You can not build by both 32 bit and 64 bit at the same time using 1
project and build tree.

I build 32 bit and 64 bit builds separately in their own build trees.
For example I have my source code for my project at

x:\CMakeBased\Qt\LungAnalysis

And then I build it for 32 bit at

x:\32bit\vc.100\Qt\LungAnalysis

and for 64bit at

x:\64bit\vc.100\Qt\LungAnalysis

The library sources are in

x:\CMakeBased\Libraries

So for example VTK is in

x:\CMakeBased\Libraries\VTK-5.8.0

and then the 32 bit compiled version of vtk-5.8.0 is at

x:\32bit\vc.100\Libraries\VTK-5.8.0

and the 64 bit version is at

x:\64bit\vc.100\Libraries\VTK-5.8.0

John