[Insight-users] Help for the Euler3DTransform

Rong Xu xurong1981 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 08:26:41 EST 2011

Hi, everyone :

I encountered a problem when I did a 3D ultrasound calibration.

First, I used a pen probe as shown in "PenProbe.JPG", and want to calculate
its matrix. Then by this matrix, I can calculate the coordinate of the tip
when I read the coordinate of the sensor tied on the pen probe. So I put
the tip of the pen probe on a fixed point, and record 6 groups of data from
the sensor tied on the pen probe when I changed the direction of the pen
probe. Then I used another sensor to record the position of that fixed
point.

After then, I used the iterative closet point (ICP) method to estimate the
parameters of that matrix, the same as the example of
"ITK/Examples/Registration/IterativeClosestPoint2.cxx". I set the position
of that fixed point as the fixed point, and those 6 groups of data as the
moving points, and the other setting are the same as
"IterativeClosestPoint2.cxx". Therefore, I can get 6 parameters about x, y,
z, and  angleX, angleY, angleZ.

To validate this result, I used the formulas, as shown in "Matrix.jpg", and
alpha = angleZ, beta = angleY, gamma = angleX. Then I convert one data of 6
groups by this matrix to get a new coordinate. I think this new coordinate
should be near the position of that fixed point, however, my result is
different.

I wonder which step I make a mistake. Does anyone have any idae about my
problems ?

I will appreciate for your advice!

Thank you!

--

Best Regards!

Rong Xu,  Ph.D Student
Ohya Lab
Graduate School of Global Information and Telecommunication
Studies (GITS), Waseda University
1-6-1 Nishi Waseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan (¨“169-8050)

Tel:          +81-80-4208-1207
E-mail:     xurong1981 at gmail.com
               xurong at fuji.waseda.jp