[Insight-users] crash with release build - not because of uninitialized variable?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 08:30:08 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 8:21 AM, Ryan Guan <ryan.guan at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi John,
> Thanks a lot for your reply!
> I did have BUILD_SHARED_LIBS on and there are ItkCommon.dll at both Debug
> and Release directory. but I don't recall that I 'installed' ITK (how to do
> this anyway?), I just built ITK with  debug and release config  (VS
> default).

You can install by executing the INSTALL target in Visual Studio for ITK.

> What will you suggest me to do then? Should I turn off BUILD_SHARED_LIBS and
> rebuild ITK to try it out? It will take hours so I thought I'd better make
> sure that's gonna help before I do it, :-)
> Really appreciate!

Verify that the dlls your application is loading are the correct
version release dlls for a release application debug dlls for a debug
application. One way to do this is to move the release or debug dlls
out of the way and see if your application still finds them.

John