[Insight-users] Skin segmentation from CT images

agatte wiatrak11 at poczta.onet.pl
Fri Dec 30 04:52:11 EST 2011

Hi ;)

I' m trying make a skin segmentation form CT images.
I would like to receive a contour of skin .
What algorithm is best to do this?
I'm trying with OtsuMultipleThreshold -> (Morfology)Erode/Dilate ->
OtsuThresholdImageFilter-> VotingBinaryHoleFillingImageFilter->
GradientMagnitudeImageFilter.

But I have a problem with good segmentation, I  receive contour of skin and
some parts of lung.
I begginer in image processing. Could anyone give me good advice ? Could
anyone help me ?

I would appreciate for any help .

Best,
Agatte