[Insight-users] Wrapping R with SimpleITK

Brandon Whitcher bwhitcher at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 14:07:15 EST 2011

Brad,

Ah, the source directory... and not the binary directory.  Thanks!

A major hurdle to overcome with the installation is the fact that R (I am
using R 2.14.1) now requires complete man pages with all information filled
in!  Given the number of files in the man/ directory

ls SimpleITK/man/ | wc
   3169    3169  118025

an automated method must be implemented in order to install SimpleITK as an
R package.

Also, the manual copying of "libSimpleITK.so" is slightly non-standard.  I
know that a customized installation process is allowed, but I don't know
how it would be applied to SimpleITK.

I would recommend engaging the R-developer mailing list to get some advice
on brining together SimpleITK (the ITK version) and SimpleITK (the R
package... maybe RITK or rITK?).

I'll keep trying as a dynamic library instead of a full-on package.

Happy New Year!

Brandon