[Insight-users] Sparse or multislice registration

Laura Lara laura.lara at alma3d.com
Tue Feb 1 05:07:32 EST 2011

Dear all,

I've reviewed the 20 examples from
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Included/Registration trying to figure
out how to perform registrations between 2D and 3D images, or, in more
general terms, registrations between a set of nonparallel 2D images and a 3D
image, and even registration between a sparse 3D image (few slices quite
separated) and a "full" (dense) 3D image. Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like
that the examples aren't suitable to solve my problems (all registrations
seem to be between "similar" images).

A particular case I'm interested in is the registration of two liver scans
(of the same subject):

   - A "dense" 3D image, and
   - a multi-slice 3D image, where the slices are non uniformly separated
   and the spacing between them is very high.

I would like to know if there is any example or application for this kind of
registration problem in ITK (sparse or multislice registration), or hints on
how to tackle this problem using ITK.

Any suggestion/hint will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

--

*Laura Lara Rodríguez*

* *