[Insight-users] Passing an image to NormalizedCorrelationImageFilter::SetTemplate

Markus Neuner neuner.markus at gmx.net
Thu Feb 3 15:01:24 EST 2011

Hi,

The kernel operator needs some caution.
The extracted image should have a width of 2*radiusX+1 and a height of
2*radiusY+1.

You set the radius of the operator to:

kernelOperator.CreateToRadius(extractFilter->GetOutput()->GetLargestPossibleRegion().GetSize());

The kernel is actually much larger than the provided image.

When you set the image size of the ExtractImageFilter to:
    FloatImageType::SizeType size;
    size.Fill(101);
and the radius to:
    FloatImageType::SizeType radius =
extractFilter->GetOutput()->GetLargestPossibleRegion().GetSize();
    radius[0] = (radius[0]-1) / 2;
    radius[1] = (radius[1]-1) / 2;
    kernelOperator.CreateToRadius(radius);
the provided image and the kernel are of the same size, which is
important and produces the correct result:

./NormalizedCorrelationImageFilter Gourds.png
Maximum: [100, 100]
Minimum: [145, 15]

The maximum is at 100, 100 because the center of the kernel (extracted
image) is at 50+(101-1)/2.

Markus