[Insight-users] Using itkImageRegistrationMethod with itkLevenbergMarquardtOptimizer

Alex Taylor Alex.Taylor at mathworks.com
Mon Feb 7 14:35:31 EST 2011

Hello,

I'm new to the world of ITK image registration and I've successfully used the itkImageRegistrationMethod with the itkRegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer and itkMeanSquaresImageToImageMetric as is done throughout the examples. I tried to change my code to use the LevenbergMarquardtOptimizer and noticed that the SetOptimizer method of the itkImageRegistrationMethod object expects an  itk::SingleValuedNonLinearOptimizer object while the LevenbergMarquardtOptimizer is an itk::MultipleValuedNonLinearOptimizer.

Is it possible to use the ITK registration framework to do intensity based registration with a LM optimizer and a MeanSquares cost function? If so, could someone point me in the direction of a good example or give guidance as to the pieces I should put together?

Thanks,

Alex Taylor