[Insight-users] Returning a value of the same same type as a class template

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 15:50:43 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Dan Mueller <dan.muel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Simple question: is there a reason you can't template Form over T?
>   http://codepad.org/SzExS82y
>
> Then you could instantiate different forms based on the user specified
> type...
>
> Cheers, Dan

Dan, Arnaud,

The user action that specifies the type is a file menu action in the Qt form
(I.e. File -> Open Image). I would already have to have the form
instantiated for the user to be using it, so I'm in the same spot that I was
before where I don't know the type before I need to instantiate an object,
right?

David